I failed to get the phone that I wanted. Apparently Vodafone is a large inflexible corporation and cannot accept my entirely reasonable offer of paying for my entire contract upfront. Perhaps I should write them a nasty email.
Instead I got the cheapest prepaid tri-band phone that they had to offer. I’m quite impressed the anonymity in the prepaid system. I walk in. I give them cash. They give me a phone. Does such an option exist in North America?
Things to do/get:
- health insurance - requires: sofi-number, doctor, pharmacy
- take dutch classes - requires: interview
- get paid - requires: sofi-number, signed employment contract, bank account
- internet connection at home - requires: cable modem, router
- non-temporary resident permit - requires: legalized birth certificate, landlord’s passport
- place to sleep
- got moving expenses
- temporary resident permit
- bank account
- landlord’s passport
- sign employment contract
- prepaid mobile-phone